Instructional DVD for pregnant women & their support people. The acupressure techniques outlined in this DVD are easy to use, promote natural birth and encourage close partner involvement.
- About Acupressure
- Using acupressure appropriately
- A few words for support people
- How to find the eight acupressure points
- Using the points effectively
- Baby in breech or posterior position
- Failure to progress (can also be used to encourage the onset of labour if medical induction is imminent)
- Emotional stress during labour
- Nausea, afterpains, breastfeeding, postnatal recovery and other problems during and after pregnancy
Narrated by Debra Betts and Tom Kennedy. Debra Betts is an acupuncturist and educator based in Wellington, New Zealand. She has been teaching women, their support people and midwives the techniques demonstrated on this DVD since 1992. Her teaching of acupressure has in this time spread from classes held in her private clinic to international acupuncture and midwifery workshops.
Tom Kennedy is an acupuncturist based in Bristol, UK. He has a special interest in treating pregnancy related conditions, and teaches Debra's acupressure techniques to pregnant women and their support people.
Once you have purchased this webinar, you can find it by logging into your JCM On Demand account, and heading to the 'my library' section.
To subscribe and create an account if you do not already have one, tick the subscribe box, and then at the end of the payment process, fill out the details required.