Healing The Eyes With Acupuncture
This course presents a comprehensive discussion of eye diseases, covering:
- Basic Western anatomy and disease categories, with illustrations
- The relationship of the zangfu to the eyes
- Channels and points, with illustrations
- Demonstration of local and distal needling and moxibustion
- Principles of treatment
- Treatment strategies for common diseases including open angle glaucoma
- Optic atrophy, retinal bleeding, diabetic retinopathy, dry eyes, cataract
- Short sight, crossed eyes in children, conjunctivitis
- Qigong massage for the eyes
This course is £38.50Buy this course
This course is presented by Julian Scott, British acupuncturist with a special interest in eye diseases. Julian Scott has been practising Chinese medicine for nearly 40 years, and currently practices in Bath. He finished his first training in acupuncture with Dr. van Buren, at the International College of Oriental Medicine in 1976, and went on to study in China in 1982-3. Julian started his practice in Brighton where he started the Foundation for Traditional Medicine Children’s clinic, and after a brief spell in Cambridge (England) went to Seattle, USA. He came back to live in Bath in 2002, and has been practising there ever since.
Total running time is 262 minutes.